3/30/09


March 25th 2009

Thin Mint Assault

I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom from my childhood West Park Cleveland home, watching a scene happen in front of me. Although I was physically standing in the scene I knew that I was really watching a movie. There were two people in the bathroom, standing in front of the sink, a teenage man and woman. The man was holding out a thin mint Girl Scout cookie for the girl to take, which she did, and ate it. After the first one, he started offering her a second, which he was taking out of a medicine cabinet filled with other baked items: muffins, scones, other cookies. As he tried to force her into taking another Thin Mint she pointed at a chocolate muffin in the case and asked for it. He refused to give it to her and started getting extremely hostile about her refusal. He put his hand on her back, not actually hitting her or holding onto her, but in such a stern way it was obvious that he was slowly overtaking her by force. He started rubbing the cookie all over her face, trying to get her to take it. She started crying and then he finally said: “If you don’t want them, then you can give me the other ones back” and pushed her over toward the toilet. She stuck her finger down her throat to throw the cookie she ate back up into the toilet. At this part (when the girl induced vomit and started throwing up in the toilet) I looked away. Instead of seeing the person next to me in the theatre, like I should have, I saw my own reflection on the mirror located on the outside of the door. Since the door opened into the bathroom and I was standing in the doorway, I would logically see that if I turned my head to the right.


Notes:

Thin Mints and those delightful peanut butter cookies are my favorite Girl Scout cookies and I used to absolutely love them.

It grosses me out when people bring anything edible into the bathroom. This could even be a covered pop from McDonald’s or a stick of gum. Anything that could potentially be consumed must not EVER go into a bathroom. Also, if I am chewing something, I need to swallow it before entering the bathroom also, because the bathroom air will taint it… So, it’s very interesting that there was a medicine cabinet filled with bakery (which is my favorite type of food)….

Also, I have an extreme fear of throwing up. I had to see a psychiatrist about it in high school because I wouldn’t actually eat, was 87 lbs., and anemic. (Although, 87 lbs is still technically a healthy weight for someone my height, so that weight is shocking but not shocking)… This fear of throwing up hinders a lot of my life. I have a lot of dreams about it and, depending on how ‘gory’ they are, can affect me all day or for multiple days making me more paranoid about my food choices, my acid reflux disorder, and anything else that could potentially make me throw up.

I have never been in the Girl Scouts but I have friends that have been.

No comments: