3/25/09

Kaleidoscope Glasses




March 19th, 2009

* partially a lucid dream

I was visiting my brother’s mom. She lived in a condo complex that also doubled as a scenic park to the people that owned property there. When I saw her, I realized that I was dreaming since she didn’t actually look like herself. She had long and straight brown hair and a red sweater. We walked around the garden area, and eventually I found myself, alone, knocking on someone’s door. They lived in a second story flat in the condo complex. The condo owner answered – a man in his mid thirties. He was wearing something that looked like a miner’s helmet, with a camera lens in the front that came down over his eyes. He invited me into his house and I realized that the walls were almost entirely made out of glass windows except for the wall housing the door that I had just come in from. It was incredibly bright in there. He went over to a drawer, leafed through a bunch of stained glass suncatchers before choosing one. Then he put it in a slot between the lens and the cap of the miner’s hat-like contraption he was wearing. This way, the colored glass suncatcher acted like an odd type of sunglasses. He would see through it blurrily, which would tint everything around him with the colored glass pattern on the suncatcher itself.

Notes:

My mom lives in a condo complex. My brother’s mom lives in a ranch-style house.

I have been able to recognize the fact that I’m dreaming more and more. Sometimes I can control what I’m doing or think clearly but still cannot control anything outside of myself in my dreams. Maybe one day…

No comments: