4/17/08

Penis and Barbie... together forever 03-17-08


WARNING: Contains some sex... or something....

Dream:

I was not a part of this dream, nor was I a third party watching it, it just simply existed and happened. Somehow I knew that it was an animation that I had finished...

There were two things laying on a table: a Barbie doll on the left and an erect penis about a foot away on the right. A long, clear straw started extending from the penis. It moved across the table and then passed through one of Barbie's ears and out the other. It extended about an inch further and then stopped. Then the penis 'came' through the straw, which flowed through the straw across the table and through Barbie's head. Then it dripped out the straw's end and landed on the table. The straw retracted and Barbie said: "Wow, I feel so clearheaded now."

My Thoughts/Notes:

This dream is actually on it's way to becoming the first of my dreams to be animated. It is a perfect candidate on many levels! It will be animated with cakes in the shape of Barbie and a penis... we'll see how everything turns out.

I'm not really sure what else to say about it, I wasn't so much of a Barbie fan as I was a My Little Pony fan so I'm not really sure where this could have come from internally. As a feminist, I see many problems with the Barbie doll as a toy for girls: the culture of consumerism among young women and girls, body image issues and expectations, etc. but none of that is really exemplified in this dream at all.


2 comments:

psychoticartists said...

THAT'S SICK!! Shite like that really gets my goat! (whatever that means) Now seriously, was it the giant penis that made her so dumb in the first place. It didn't make her, it didn't break her! I like how even your unconscious wants to separate you from any responsibility for your thoughts. You were merely an innocent observer. Wah! I've blown a load on a million barbies and it don't keep me awake at night! Tubes comin out of penises, now THAT's sick! CAKES!! Do you have a soul?

psychoticartists said...

I am so sorry for that last post. This is the real me now, I think. What does cliche mean within the unconscious psyche? I'd say the archetypal foundations of human nature. What does corny mean within the unconscious psyche? - An acknowledgment of the consciousness' rejection of the content implicated, : a whimsical affinity with your cultures judgments of taboo? Don't mistake the penis for merely representing "THE MAN", The penis IS the judge, it IS the one who tries to pin specific definition to to all it sees. We are not just down trodden by an oppressor, we have unconsciously accepted this control. We strive to become the most common label so we don't stand out. Barbie doesn't know shes playing the role because she has become it. The penis didn't make the role, it just hijacked it for it's purposes. Behind your vision lies the mysterious saga of an individuals unconscious assimilation to the expectations of the masses.