4/11/10

My 1/2 Ethnic Baby



I was at someone's house in NYC. This older, heavy, woman came up to me and handed me a baby. She said "Congratulations, it's a girl." I didn't remember being pregnant at all. I also didn't remember having unprotected sex with someone either. I took the baby, held it, and looked at it. I realized right away that it was definitely half of me, and then remembered giving birth earlier that day. Then I realized that it was definitely half of another race - non white. Then I was really confused. Who the hell fathered this baby? And why couldn't I remember having sex with them? At first I thought that the baby was half African American. I hung out at this house for a while, feeling like absolute crap - who fathered this kid? And why didn't I know I was pregnant until today? Then, I looked down at the baby again, and thought that she looked Asian, not African American. Then, later, I thought she looked partially Indian. I sat her down, and wandered around this house for a while wondering what to do because I am in school. I didn't know how I was going to take care of her, and then I decided that I should give her up for adoption because I couldn't love her. I took her, and snuck out of the house so the family living there wouldn't know what I was going to do. When I exited, I was outside at the airport taxi area of Laguardia. I started trying to hail a cab.

No comments: